Monday, August 11, 2008

Old Friends

We spent the day Friday with four old friends...very old friends...the six of us went to lunch in Rye New Hampshire at a terrific seafood place called Petey's...so good.

Five of us had great Seafood...after all, that's what they are noted for. One friend got a steak. Not just a steak but a well done steak...ewewe
Then we went back to our friends who have a cottage by the sea in Hampton...oh my gosh...it has five rooms but it's so huge. They even have a turret where they can see the ocean because they live on a side street. The ceilings are about 30 feet. You wouldn't believe it. It's so lovely he is an architect but she also had some wonderful ideas. I'm going back in a few weeks to stay for a bit. Of course, by the time we left it was raining again...I'm so sick of the rain.
Well that's part of my weekend...how was yours?
Posted by mauniejames3

5 Comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Send some of that rain MY way!! Dad's grass is kikin the bucket.

Anonymous said...

You don't mean that speedy...half of june it rained almost three quarters of july and so far the beginning of August it's the same.
I have been in the pool three times...I'm not even kidding three stinken times..it's been so horrible in Boston this summer...oh
sure everything is green but tomotoes don't ripen when we have no sun...whew...I feel better now.

exskindiver said...

your weekend sounded lovely, maunie.
personally i can do without rain.
yes i know all about life, flowers, plants ek ek ek...
but i grew up in a house that leaked when it rained.
enough said.
i am with you.

Anonymous said...

hey chesica...glad to see you...the
rain is really getting to me know...I'm feeling cranky and so ticked off. today, so far, it's lovely...but they say within the hour we will be getting some more rain...grrr

the Albino Bowler said...

Hey you guys. It was your page's layout that caught my eye. I like the way you let your thoughts flow. I've got to get back to my next chapter in the Kangaroo Rodeo, but just thought I'd say hello.

M-