Saturday, October 13, 2007

My Blue Ribbon Blogger Award Acceptance Speech




When trying to decide what to contribute to Gracie's blog, I hadn't the slightest idea what to post. I like the ideology behind the concept of honoring people for their kind contribution's to the blogosphere, but I wasn't sure what I had to contribute. However, the fact that Gracie Belle believes I have something to contribute means something to me, and I hope to honor her efforts. Thank you Gracie Belle for asking me to join the Blue Ribbon Bloggers blog, and I'm honored to be among such fabulous bloggers.

When I received the Blue Ribbon Blogger Award I was in my fourth month of blogging, and recovering from a negative experience. Only moments before the original blog fairy sprinkled me with her pixie dust, I was truly having a bad day. However, you can tell how happy I was to be noticed by another blogger, let alone given an award.

Now, I'm happy to share with Gracie Belle, how her mothers forthcoming spirit, changed a day in my life. I didn't know the original blog fairy but she noticed me, an experience I will no doubt remember for some time to come. Your mother made a difference in the life of a stranger, Gracie Belle, and I can't think of a better legacy than that. Here's my acceptance speech

My Blue Ribbon Blogger Award Acceptance Speech In August

The illusive blog fairy has honored me with the blue ribbon blogger award! I was down in an unusual way today when I noticed a message in my message box on MyBlogLog from the blog fairy!

It was the kindest message: “Congratulations! You have touched people with your writing. You are a blue-ribbon blogger!”

When I was a child, my brothers and I used to catch lightening bugs in mason pickle jars in my grandmothers backyard. We let them go of course, but before we did we would watch them in the jar for a few minutes. I wondered if they were friends with any fairies.

There is an innate goodness about the idea of fairies and the mystical magic they represent. I wished they were more than a dream and now I know that they are! The blog fairy is one incarnation of that dream. I wonder what else may be in store since fairies help us realize our dreams and therefore help us make them come true.

When I went to the blog fairy’s web site and copied this from her profile, "I keep watch over all the blogs and bloggers in the vast blogosphere. It is my joy to shine light on those that show love and kindness and to honor them." Francesca Faerie is written as the name on that profile.


She also has this quote listed by Lynn Holland.

“Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.” ~ Lynn Holland

Here is my favorite Beatrice Potter quote and what she thought of fairies,

"I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense...?”

"Beatrix Potter’s Journal, 17 November 1896, from the National Trust collection."


Blog fairy thank you for reminding us of the fairies we knew in childhood, we have had them hidden within our grown-up hearts. Thank you for this honorable blue ribbon blogger award!

0 Comments: