Monday, March 31, 2008

Best decade

We went to a "goodbye snowbirds" party at the clubhouse Saturday. It was wonderful, the usual hot dogs, hamburgers, beans, salads, cold drinks, free beer and cake and watermelon, it was so terrific. There were about one hundred and fifty people all having a terrific time.. some dancing, some just listening to music and a few in the pool. It was about eighty with low humidity. Paradise for seven dollars per person, most money going for charity.

I started thinking about some of the very young and beautiful girls in their bathing suits and wondering if this was the time of their lives.. although this is wonderful, I was thinking my thirties were perfect... I was aware of where my children were at every moment and as we lived day to day and life seemed to move along and we felt better and had very active social lives.. maybe I am mis-remembering... what were the best times for you? Is it now?

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Maunie!!!!Ready to come home?I know you miss the grandkids...I bet penny is ready to go home too besides you...Talk to you when you get home....

mauniejames3 said...

Ya know Kim...each day it changes...first I want to go home and he's not ready..then his Mom calls and I'm not ready...we may never leave the way things are going...he hasen't finished the second bathroom and he wants to do some landscaping...put down sod and do a planting..and its so cold at home...who knows? I will keep you posted...but I do really miss the kids...

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

I don’t think you are mis-remembering Maunie, perhaps merely homesick :) Those times were the best when we knew where everyone was. Nowadays as our children have graduated to their own lives, it’s hard to get everyone together at one time. As for ‘what where the best times for you’, great question and looks like Lori has got BRB off to a fantastic answer to that question with her wonderful post "Good Memories of a Father"!