Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hello!

Hello all Blue Ribbon Bloggers! I am new here and don't have any idea yet of what to write. Let me just introduce myself, first. My name is Emila Yusof and I am a freelance graphic designer/illustrator from Malaysia. I have two blogs: Emila's Illustrated Blog and The Other Side of Emila. I have been awarded the Blue Ribbon Award by Francesca on July 19th, 2007.

I have been actively involved in the drawing community, such as Illustration Friday, Monday Artday and a few others. I recently joined the Drawing Day which has been held on June 7th and illustrated my so-called first children's book. I actually challenged myself to really sit down and draw the whole book, 12 pages to be exact. The story in undergoing a re-writing in a form of poems. Here are few pages from the book:


You can see more, here.

Cheers! Have a great weekend!
Emila Yusof

6 Comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

Welcome Emilia!
Your pictures are charming, and wish you the very best with your book!

As for what to write here - anything and everything is open. You can either copy something from your blog's past you'd like to repeat, or add great new content here.

Again, welcome!
mo

emilayusof said...

Thanks Mo! Will add in more posts!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new book...Glad to see you here along with the rest of us

Anonymous said...

Welcome Emila! I am glad to see the invite worked :)
It's very nice to have you on board the BRB here with all of us, and I am sure your posts (and your wonderful artwork!) will be a great addition to our community blog, that both our visitors and our other co-authors will appreciate highly!
Thanks so much for answering our link call!
-Jos:)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to meet you Emilia...love your pictures and it
will be awesome to have you here..
write about anything that comes to mind..believe me you will always think of something..again welcome.

emilayusof said...

Thank you Purplefrogcat, JOs and Maunie!