Wednesday, August 29, 2007

SOME FACTS ABOUT FAERIES~~~

I am so honored to be a part of this blog, it is just inspiring.

As my first post, I thought that I would share what I know about Faeries, Fairy's, Fairies...

Fairies are supposedly mythical creatures of folklore or romance, who possess magical qualities, and live closely with human beings.

They can be as large a human being, but as small as 3 inches. They are typically from 2 feet to 3 inches. The smaller the Fairy, the most beauty they possess.

It is said that Faeries and human beings can marry, with restrictions, which if violated, can mean the death of the human... It is also said that some female Faeries are deadly for her lover. They live about the same as a human, but, probably longer.

They often carry children and some adults to Fairyland. If these children or adults eat or drink in Fairyland, they are not allowed to leave.

Faerie time does not correlate with human time, therefore, if you spend the night with one, you will probably return to see your great-grandchildren...

Fairy's dwell in castles and palaces, both human and in Fairyland.

I could go on forever. I have loved faeries all of my life, I to this day, have some fairy figurines in my house. I have always believed in them, along with other types of little ones, and, in Santa Claus. It is my nature to believe in magic and mystical happenings outside, yet, inter-related to the human existence.

There are many reasons to believe in the super-natural. Such things have to exist, otherwise, so many tales and sightings of such would not continue to open our minds and our hearts to belief...

Faeries are blessings; they sprinkle their dust upon us and grant us a glimpse of the magical world from which they come. They are full of love, they have no fear, and, they are beautiful; all those who are lucky enough to see them, know this...

Yes, fairies are our friends, they lend us an air of mischief, frolicking, and, unusual fun. We need fairies in our lives, and, they obviously need us. Such a blending of reality and mysticism creates enchanted times as each of us, and the faeries pass time on this Earth...

2 Comments:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Magically splendid! Thank you Lyn for sharing this!

Lynda said...

Thank you Jeane Michelle... was fun to do...