Sunday, November 18, 2007

Trash the dress wedding photos - Styledash

Trash the dress wedding photos - Styledash

Trash the dress wedding photos, where young women wade into muddy ponds or do something else to ruin a beautiful wedding dress, really makes me laugh.

There's a personal reason, of course.

While waiting for my divorce papers to arrive, I put my wedding dress into my father's burning barrel in Wolcott, New York.

Then I lit a match and threw it into the barrel, cackling and dancing around the barrel like one of the witches from Macbeth.

Of course, I always miss trends, because I burned my dress in the Year of Our Lord 1976.

Check out the wedding photos--they are so interesting.

This is my first post on Blue Ribbon Bloggers, and thanks so much for asking me to join. I am honored and pleased to be here.

2 Comments:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Hi Beth (BRB Beth Allen), Great having you here! I enjoyed your post :)Traditions (rituals) can be fun, like out with the old and in with the new. Thanks for sharing this tradtion!

Feisty Crone said...

Thanks, Jeane, and thanks for making it so easy to join.