Monday, December 15, 2008

Current update from Maunie

Monday, December 15, 2008

What was I thinking?

On the eleventh of December I went into the hospital with the highest of expectations. Last
time I had the surgery for the right legs sciatica and it was not bad at all. Yes the back was sore
but when I put my right leg down...I was fine. This time I sunk right to the floor.


The pain was unimaginable. No drugs worked...morphine...demeral...anything they had I tried.
I was taking stuff every three hours but it only took the very top layer of pain away. I have never, ever experienced anything like this. The pain shoots down my leg and the toes on my left leg tingle...horrible...then the spasms start. I never slept more then an hour at a time and woke up ready to scream every time.

They finally sent me home late Sunday night with percodens and Valium for the spasms. I am
also taking a sleeping pill and sleeping in my own bed, I managed three hours.

I always thought I had a high tolerance to pain...so much for that. The Doctor says we will try
giving it a couple of weeks and then maybe more X rays and another MRI...he said it was too bad I had such an easy time the first time...and this is not uncommon...sure...anyway enough of me
belly aching just don't expect me around too much...you guys have always been so wonderful so a prayer or two can't hurt...love you all...Maun

9 Comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

"too bad you had it so easy the first time" ?!?!? What an awful thing for a health care provider to say!
Sending HUGS (and perhaps a second opinion) your way.

mo

simply divina said...

I will be praying for that. God bless and merry Christmas!

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Yeah, they don't teach bedside manner in medical school.

Sorry to hear this Maunie - very sorry to hear it. Hope to hear that it's improving soon!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Outch ... I feel so bad. Of course, Speedy will send a prayer :-)

Get well Maun

Unknown said...

Get well soon my pal..And soon again Santa will call us trouble makers again!

Anonymous said...

Wow...rereading this I feel like such a crybaby...I am so lucky to have so many friends...I am going to spend most of my time in bed and hubby is taking the notebook because I want to type and not rest and watch mindless t.v. I feel it's too hard to concentrate on reading but will see how that goes...I have so much to do (doesn't everyone) but we have no decorations up but you all put
Christmas in my heart. I'm so lucky to have such caring people in my life (can you tell the perks kicked in?) Great thoughts to all of you. I am a little better today (I think) but have to have p.t. every day...that hurts but if it helps me walk on the leg it will be awesome..love and hugs to all who are thinking or praying for me...your wounded but not down
friend...Maunie

Wendy said...

Get better soon!!

beth said...

Nighty-night. From the sounds of what they prescribed you, you'll be asleep for awhile! Good luck.

Jaya said...

OUCH!!! I hope you are feeling MUCH better since you wrote this post.