Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Shame (2)

Anyway..(first of all I have no idea why I had to write this on two pages) I made kind of a big deal about my poor sister who really couldn't afford to send me anything and how badly I felt about it..and handed the card over to the cashier..when she put her hand out and said this is not enough I thought...how much can you put on a gift card? Anyway the amount on the card was $2.64...I was shocked...and so embarrassed...I had made such a big deal about my poor sister thinking of me anyway...well I paid in cash and took back the card...at first I was going to re-gift it and send it to her for her birthday...but I could never do that, but neither will I send her a ticket to come down here...I'm really hurt..especially since I was with other people and they got the full impact of how much my sister really thinks of me...even if she took me aside and said..I just gave you this for show..don't try to use it...I have always been extreamly generous with her and her children..I must say this was a shocker...I won't tell my family about this..just you my dear friends who feel closer then family...Am I wrong to be so hurt?

maunie

9 Comments:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

My Sister and I were sibling rivalries. She was always Miss Popular, Cheerleader, hog the mirror etc. Over the years we have matured to be Best Friends. I personally don’t think dirty laundry should be aired for all to see. What if your Sister couldn’t afford anything else due to her condo not being sold and was hoping you would understand, then she reads this – ouch!

Anonymous said...

I hear what your saying but this is
just the latest in horrible hurtful things...I am an idiot and keep trying to give her the benefit of the doubt..I was up all night making myself sick about this...which probably seems silly to you but it's just the last straw she wouldn't read this because she thinks this is a waste of time too..Maybe this was a mistake..I just needed an ear...

Anonymous said...

No, I don’t think it’s silly that your situation is making you sick. Unfortunately sometimes Family matters have a way of doing that. I just hope one day, things can get better between you and your Sister.

Anonymous said...

And so do I...probably not today but soon I hope..when I try to speak with her..if it's something she would prefer not to hear she hangs up..maybe with some time..I need to stop thinking about this now..thanks for your input...

maunie

Jos said...

My Dear Maunie, I don't know why I am, but I am thinking of the fact that "disagreements" between young children are usually settled the next day, when they show up and meet to go out and play together again, as if nothing happened.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jos,
If that were only true...my sister and I were never really close..my
Mom and the Aunts were convinced I was jealous of her because she was so pretty and adored..I don't think I was jealous..I felt badly because she was in the house so much while I was never home..they sort of invented a rivelrey which wasen't there..I love my sister..she's all I have left..so its just too bad..Thank you Jos..your so understanding and such a good listener

Jos said...

Maunie, I hope you may find a way to solve this, soon. Perhaps (I am already bluntly interfering here, so why don't I just go on with that and dig myself another hole? ;) you may want to tell her what I said about kids getting back on good terms like the next day or so, whereas adults often don't seem to be able to find a way to make up before it's (almost) too late?

Anonymous said...

I will contact her again..I always do...she will somehow turn this around and make it about me abusing her..I know what to do I have done it all my life..I would love to have a real relationship with her..and I really try but now I'm kind of over whelmed..but never fear..I will tuck my tail between my legs and apologise again.. I love her and adore her children..I just have to get over my bad feelings for now..

Sugarqueensdream said...

Oh sweetie, I feel bad for you... I wish I could say something that would make this better but I can't... Let this pass as it shall...
Hugs, sugar queens dream