Sunday, January 13, 2008

Spellcheckers

Just a piece I came across several years ago and thought I would share it with you. Sometimes technology isn’t always the best way!

Owed To A SpellChequer

Eye halve a spell in chequer;
It came with my pea sea;
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it to say
Weather eye am wrong oar write -
It shows me strait aweigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
it nose bee fore two long,
and eye can put the error rite
its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it;
I am shore your pleased two no
its letter-perfect awl the weigh,
my chequer tolled me sew.

Originally posted on my Life blog 15th August 2007

9 Comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

When I taught freshman composition, I had a student who I'd BEG to use spell checker. She'd turn in words with semicolons in the middle of them!

It was the only time I asked someone to do that. Usually, I tell them to consult a dictionary.

The story doesn't have a happy ending. I had to fail her, according to the rules of the program, even though she was actually a very good writer.

ndpthepoetress - Jeane Michelle Culp said...

Now that is a funny post - rofl !!!

@ Susan, hi!

grottynosh said...

Susan - I know of astudent here who completed her English exams using sms text format and got a Grade A pass! Absolutely unbelievable.

Michelle - Thought you would like that given your comment on Jos's awesome post. I couldn't resist pulling this one out of my archive :)

Have a wonderful week,
Colin

ndpthepoetress - Jeane Michelle Culp said...

Hi Colin, I needed that post - lol. Now I need a virtual address book to keep up with your many alias :) cotojo grottynosh Colin :)

grottynosh said...

Michelle - Pick a name...any name rofl!
Colin aka cotojo aka grottynosh and Me, myself and I hahahaha
Are you confused? I am LOL

Robin Lee Sardini said...

Thanks for the smile, Colin!

Michelle said...

@ Colin: And I thought my names were confusing - lol

Jeane Michelle Culp, Jeane Michelle, Michelle, nom de plume the poetress, ndp,ndpthepoetress, the poetress, poetress

:)

mauniejames said...

this is a riot...I have a friend who uses spellcheck for everything and like that, some of the things in her writing are so funny and she feels it must be right..it passed spell check...

you20091001 said...

論壇,微風,論壇,論壇,plus,痴漢,維克斯,情色論壇,性愛,性感,校園,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,A片,免費,A漫,h漫,漫畫,免費,網站,遊戲,文學,遊戲,色情,影片,同志,色網,遊戲,自拍,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,麻衣,洗衣機,內衣,薰衣草,黛安芬,排汗衣,內衣,廣告,新衣,薰衣草,內衣秀,塑身衣,成衣,波多野結衣,攝影,性感,小女孩,寫真,薰衣草,睡衣,新桓結衣,泳衣,睡衣,花野真衣,遊戲,新坦結衣,東京