Friday, September 5, 2008

On the horns od another dilemma by Maunie

Okay dear friends I need your input again.

The doctor called and I have a badly ruptured disc and one that's basically on it's way.

Three years ago I had back surgery to remove three discs.


I really don't want to go through that again.

Physical therapy does nothing for me but make me hurt more.

Do any of you have experience with acupuncture?

Read a long article about it last night and if it would avoid surgery I will be all for it..

I don't want to wait too long as I did last time.

So fellow blogger I am in a quandary..

If you have had experience with it let me know. Even if it was a friend of a friend.

I know, I know, with me it's always something...

love and trust you all. What should I do?

6 Comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Maunie, I had acupuncture a number of years ago. I can't say if it'll work for you, but it worked for me. If nothing else, isn't it worth trying? It's very relaxing and soothing!

Mo and The Purries said...

I have a friend who swears by it.
Give it a go first, is my opinion.
Sixteen gazillion Chinese people can't be all wrong, can they?
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Maunie, I have no experience with it, but I know it works for a lot of people. I'd just give it a try, why not? No harm will be done right?
Trust your instinct on this one.

Warm wishes to you, hope it helps you!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Susan I am willing to give it a try...but I don't know if I can find another gtood acupuncturest in Florida...at least I will get started here.

Mo your right, what do I have to lose.

Ellen thanks for your coment

thanks to all of you...I am calling on Monday it can only help

Dori said...

Hi,
I had acupuncture treatments for about a year after a car accident and it helped me a lot. As the others said, I can't say how it will work for you, but it couldn't hurt to give it a try. Acupuncture, along with the Chinese herbs helped me so much. It really changed the quality of my life. I just wish you all the best with it. :-)

Patricia Rockwell said...

Many years ago, I had acupuncture to help with migraine headaches. It did not help and I never tried it again.