Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This Is MeAndMyDrum

In my last post, I mentioned I run several blogs and I'd like to tell you about of one of them right now. It's called MeAndMyDrum and it's my flagship blog where I write about my points of view on current events, software that I think you'll find productive, sites that are informative or entertaining, and a little humor here and there.

I've been blogging since 2005, but MeAndMyDrum didn't come onto the scene until February of last year and what a ride it has been since! It's where I interact most with my readers who come to share their experiences and to benefit from the information I provide them.

I owe partial credit to the growth of the community I've built up to a movement that I helped to create last Summer called the iReply Movement. It's a simple yet non-obligatory commitment to respond to the readers who leave a comment on your blog. It continues to receive words of praise and vows to join to this day, and I'm glad to have been a part of its creation along with my buddies Mike and Brown Baron.

Then there's the Be The Blog award I created the concept for along with designing the badge that has made its way to many a blog. It was my way of identifying blogs of distinction, the kind that shows there's someone running their blog as a place to enjoy visiting and interacting with other readers. I haven't seen too many awards make their way into the blogosphere in the past couple of months. I don't know, maybe they were a passing fad, but then again, maybe it just needs to be given a little boost, so maybe I'll have to think about designing another one.

As for what I write about, the topics are broad and you are sure to find something of interest. Some of my most memorable posts are:

I hope you will take a moment to review either these posts or even better, hop on over to the blog itself and tell me what you think. I'd love to have you as a new reader. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your blog photo and I saw different type of praise.

Jos said...

Hi Mark,
That is a very nice introduction to YouAndYourDrum. And I am sure our readers will enjoy it as much as I do.
Anyone of our other co-authors care to follow and post a nice introduction to their blog, too?

Anonymous said...

I am interested to create a blog like you.You are a real blogger.

Anonymous said...

@Jos
Hi there, Jos! Good to see you. And thanks for the compliment. :)

@kfz-versicherung
That's very kind of you to say. I don't know about me being a real blogger, but it sure is fun!