Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dear Lisa

The Lisa Fund


Dear Lisa,

I read about you today on my friend Elizabeth's blog -- Table For Five. We don't know each other, and I'd never chanced upon your blog before. I saw a fun blog, authored by a beautiful, witty woman. A fellow mom writing about her life with humor and candor. The kind of woman I wish I was, or could be. And there you are, and you have cancer for the third time.

"Why not me?", I asked myself. It could be me or any of the moms I know (and don't know). I have a heightened sense today of how much I love life, and all the pain and drama that comes with it. I'm also thinking hard about my own mortality, and how I don't exercise enough (at all?), and who would care for my six kids if anything happened to me. And how I haven't taken any of them to Disneyland yet.

And I keep thinking about you. And how much I want you to kick cancer's ass and how much I want to help you.

And I want you to go to Disneyland with your daughters.

Love,

A fellow blogger, mom and woman



*Note to readers: the suggested donation for the Lisa Fund is $10. I donated $60 (once for each of my six kids). Please give what you can. The organizers have some great prizes that you can win. You can also help by blogging about it, putting up the button, or donating a prize.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula, thank you for doing this! This deserves everybody's attention.

At the same time, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your first post here on the Blue Ribbon Bloggers blog, as a Contributing Author. On behalf of all Blue Ribbon Bloggers, thank you for joining us. We all are looking forward to seeing you next posts here!

I have added you and your blog link to our "Contributing Authors Blogroll and their MBL member links" page, and to our "BRB Contributing-Authors' Sites" blogrolling.com sidebar widget.

Welcome!

-Jos:)

mauniejames3 said...

Paula, welcome...what a kind and
wonderful person you are...count me
in...I don't know Lisa but could you direct me to the wheres and hows...your doing a fantastic thing
and each and every Mom and Dad should dig deep...we are all so lucky and to help someone in need is what we all should do...thanks for bringing this to our attention...

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Paula, Thank You for sharing this, for introducing us to a notably psychologically strong Woman with an openly honest blog site Clusterfook about her unfortunate adversity with the diagnosis of cancer. This is truly a worthy cause that tugs at the very roots of the heartstrings.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to spread the word!