Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays to all Blue Ribbon Bloggers, and all readers of this blog.

The picture to the right is a family photo, taken in the 1970s, I think. My mother loved Christmas, and she decorated with style every year.

My mother and father are both dead, my brother is in Florida, my son and grandchildren are in the Midwest.

But I'm not sad-- far from it, for they are all in my heart and mind, all the family holidays that we celebrated together, through good times and bad.

My prayers go out to all of you during the last legal holidays of 2007.

Please take the time to say thanks for every day you are able to draw breath and live in this world.

Try to remember all the good in the world, rather than the hatred and violence we are exposed to every day.

Shortly before he died, my father looked at me with tears in his eyes and asked me to be kind to all living creatures.

I'm going to pass his words on to all of you.

Happy holidays.

4 Comments:

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

That is really beautiful Beth. I had tears in my eyes while reading it~ Bless you and have a very merry Christmas~

Ann

Anonymous said...

Me too.. Good job, Beth!
Wishing you a very warm Christmas,

-Jos:)

Casdok said...

Yes really lovely.
Merry christmas to all.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Casdok!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
-Jos