Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Blogging Meme For You - Reflections: Top Ten List of Year-End Questions

In order to embrace the new, we must release the old.
I want you (and me) to reflect upon what you did, how you felt, what you liked, what you didn't and what you learned.
This is my Blogging Meme to you, (and the last of the year for me :)

1. What did I learn? (skills, knowledge, awareness, etc.) That I need to have more patience with myself and others.
2. What did I accomplish? Got out of a unhealthy marriage.
3. What would I have done differently? Would not have left Arizona
Why? Because I am freezing my ass off in New Hampshire
4. What did I complete or release? I got off my anti-depressants. Let go of my marriage
4 (cont): What still feels incomplete to me? Me
5. What were the most significant events of the year past?
List the top three.
1. I left my marriage
2. I moved to New Hampshire
3. I maintained undetectable status with Hepatitis C
6. What did I do right? Believed in myself
What do I feel especially good about? I am becoming more self-confident and sure of myself
What was my greatest contribution? Taking care of my Niece over the summer and my Cousin now
7. What were the fun things I did? Went to Cape Cod for a weekend
What were the not-so-fun? Getting off anti-depressants
8. What were my biggest challenges/roadblocks/difficulties? Getting out of my own way
9. How am I different this year than last? Healthier - physically and mentally
10. For what am I particularly grateful? Not giving up on myself and my life

I Tag:

1. Bobbarama
2. Polli
3. Dave
4. Billy
5. Ted
6. Rod
7. Beth
8. Mark
9. Peter
10. Michael

And this means you too Cotjo, Jos and Mimi ...and all the rest of the Authors here :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
Nice one my dear friend :)
I'll do this one when I have finished my major posting for New Year.
I hope that 2008 is a far better year for you....and never give up :)

Colin

Carol said...

Hi Colin,
My middle name is 'survivor'...LOL! I look forward to reading your "list" and no worries my friend ~

Anonymous said...

wow...that's an achievement no one's list could ever be so filled with life afferming decisions..good for you..your amazing...how on earth you ever got through this year astonishes me...congratulations..you certainly deserve a better 2008..
maunie

Carol said...

Hi Mauniejames,
Um, I don't know how amazing I am (not!) but this year sure was a bumpy one and I am eagerly lookinf forward to it's ending :) Thanks so much for the vote of confidence but I am certain that there are many who have been through much rougher times than I....

Anonymous said...

Nope...I can not imagine anyone being more heroic then you..you have completly changed your life..moved away and started again..I take my hat off to you..and yes you are amazing..the little agravations I deal with day to day seem so insignificant now..you go girl

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mauro, on behalf of all Blue Ribbon Bloggers!
-BRB Admin

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

Thanks for your brave post and thanks for tagging all of us.

I am certain that many of us Blue Ribbon Bloggers will pick up on your tag.

It seems you have had "quite a year"! Good to see all your decisions (well, almost all of them ;) resulted in your gaining more self-confidence.

May the next year carry the fruits of the steps you have taken this year!

-Jos

Carol said...

Hi Jos,
Thanks, I certainly hope so. I hope that others will participate so that I can see that I am not alone in my insanity :p

Carol said...

Hey mauniejames,
It's all small stuff :)