Saturday, December 22, 2007

Once Upon a Squirrelly Night




Once Upon a Squirrelly Night

Up on a tree top,
Hop, hop, hop,
I saw Santa go flop, flop, flop.

Onto a limb he did bend,
Along came the snow & the wind began to blow,
Up in the tree top,
Hop, hop, hop,
I saw Santa drop, drop, drop.

He fell to the ground & looked around,
And shouted to all & to all he said:
I think I hit my head!

Up in a tree top,
Hop, hop, hop,
I saw Santa go chop, chop, chop,
As he shouted with glee,
This will make a pretty Christmas Tree!

Up in the tree top,
Hop, hippity hop,
I saw Santa wiggle his red nose,
And atop the tree a star began to glow,
Santa was so happy he did such a jig that shook the twigs,
When up in the tree top,
Plop, plop, plop,
Down fell I onto this jolly guy.

He laughed so loud it broke the clouds,
When down flew his reindeer and all his gear,
Then off to the North Pole he did fly,
And I swear this story is not a lie,
For he gave me these here nuts & some Band-Aids for my cuts!

Yes, once upon a tree top – hop, hop, hop,
I saw Santa go flop, flop, flop.

© - Jeane Michelle Culp (#Z987C46Y)

To Santa

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

nice one...santa is slowly adding people to santas community blog...keep a eye out for an email santa will send you..it is going to be slow but we will back to normal hopefully soon..

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Thank You purplefrogcat! I'm hoping this poem will help cheer Santa up after the Scrooge attack.

Jos said...

Michelle, I am sure this will cheer Santa up a bit. Nice!
It cheered me up, too.
(and I am also smiling to see you still got nuts - WtG! ;)

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Thank You Jos! Yea, I thought about your Nutty Award to all us BRB Co-Authors when I was writing this poem -lol

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Great poem Michelle. I really enjoyed it. You're a very gifted poet! Btw I gave you one of those Nutty awards as well. (LOL)

I hope you're having a great holiday!

Ann

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Hi Ann! Thank You for your nice words about my poem, etc.

BTW: You know how squirrels are - always hiding our nuts and can’t remember where they put them.:)

A Hippity Hoppity Happy Holidays to you and yours also! And Thank You and Jos for everything.

Jos said...

errmmm, Jeane Michelle...
te audire non possum, dada fixa est in aura

Unknown said...

Ho Ho Ho Jeane Michelle,

Thankyou for the wonderful poem. It did make me smile and it was a lovely surprize. Thank you so much.

I have been trying to fix all these problems for the past 5 weeks and finally it has all come to a head and I am on top of it finally. It helps when you know who is attacking you. I will be sending invites to all the co-authors again so please watch out for it and please accept. we'll be back to normal soon and back to the happy family that we always have been.

Have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas everyone. See you all very soon ( and no peeking when you hear me coming down the chimney)

Santa ô¿ô

mauniejames3 said...

cute, cute, cute, anything that makes us smile at this frantic time of year is great..and the fact that you got a note from Santa is awesome...good job..cute poem...