Monday, February 4, 2008

Funny? HA!

So it's been noticed that my presence here has dwindled, eh? And now you want me to be funny? So not gonna happen...

There's a good reason for it.

Almost three weeks ago, the Tour Manager got sick. Now, he's not named the Tour Manager purely because it's a good rock-and-roll term. No, this man usually acts like a tour manager, keeping me on the straight-and-narrow, organized and happy. He's almost like a wife, except no monthly mood swings (not that I have any, either. Nope. Not me.).

Being the kind man he is, he spent two weeks sick as a dog. He even missed work, and for him to miss work... the man's more devoted to his job than he is to me. I knew that from the get-go, though; he's been elbow-deep in computer guts since we met.

When we met, I was twelve. He was eleven.

Now, where was I? Oh, yeah. Going on about the kindness of my Tour Manager.

Which is why I sit here today, running a fever despite having taken Advil, unable to bring you the sort of funny I'm proud of.

Can I take a raincheck and get back to you when I'm healthy?

Pretty Please?

5 Comments:

Jos said...

Hi Susan,
Rain check issued.. :)
Get well soon!
(A good glass of Cognac might do the trick?)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I think the whole bottle, Jos!

Jos said...

Well, you gotta take care that you drink enough fluids when feverish.

mauniejames said...

I have not been feeling well since
last week...no fun..fever..shakes..chills.then we start all over again..not fun at all..

ndpthepoetress - Jeane Michelle Culp said...

Susan Helene Gottfried, Perhaps it’s your fever, but your natural humor even shines through with laughter in this post – mood swings, elbow-deep in computer guts… lol! Now stop taking the Advil and write some more, just kidding :).

Hope you get better soon!