Monday, February 4, 2008

How to make a tuna sandwich

Open a can of tuna..be careful of the cat twirling around your legs...get a bowl for the tuna and a flat dish for the cat...put a small amount of tuna in the dish for the cat and put it down on the floor out of the way..go to the refrigerator and get the celery and mayo..oops the phone is ringing..trip over the cat..land with your face on the couch and your knee on the floor..answer the phone..tell them you will call back..answer the door...tell the gentleman looking for hubby your fine..no that's not blood all over your face you just scraped it on the couch...ah okay then could you have hubby call? sure...go into the bathroom and wipe blood off face and knee...pick up the dish on the floor and put it out of the way...chop celery and add mayo and tuna, mix..trip over the cat again..but regain balance this time...answer the door..thank neighbor for the tomatoes....invite her in...stick bowl with tuna in refrigerator and get glasses of lemonade..wipe blood off of face again and explain it's nothing..really..ignore phone ringing...someone else at door is going away for a week can I use extra milk, bread or anything...no thanks just shopped..phone rings again...maybe you should get that..neighbor says...door opens hubby comes in with pizza.. get more lemonade and set out plates three of them sit down while you go back into the bathroom to see to your face and knee..forget the tuna..go back to bed...

10 Comments:

MelissaQ said...

wow, I knew it must be hard to make tuna sandwiches..tehehe.. Hope your ok, and no stiches were needed.

Jos said...

Maunie, I am almost certain that cat's name would be 'Murphy'.. Or would it be the tuna's middle name?

mauniejames3 said...

I haven't been feeling right since last week but really wanted a tuna sandwich...so much for that..hahaha
My Penny is the most spoiled cat in the world...didn't dare tell hubby how I scratched my face...no
cat's or humans were really harmed..just my pride for being so klutzy......

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Sounds like what is becoming a typical day for you Maunie :(. BTW: You have a real scent, I mean sense of humor! :)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

This gives me an idea ... my "Tuna on Toast" recipe. I could post - ohh wait, never mind. Nobody will touch anything I make :)
Maunie, did you ever get back to that Tuna in the Fridge?? I bet the cat would love some!!!

Anonymous said...

Eric, we would all love to try your tuna on toast recipe...as long as it has none of those weird chickens on your site used as an ingredient..nope, I still have the tuna in the fridge...Penny won't eat it after its mixed..but you, my friend, are very welcome to it...I finally ate some pizza

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I'll take it!!! (HUNGARY MAN) ... hungry .... I'm really Sweed / Norway

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

@Speedcat Hollydale, is your Tuna on Toast recipe made from Chicken of the Sea :) Oh, and did your coop mobile get Jos's pix! :)

@Maunie: I think you started something fishy here :)

Anonymous said...

Being from New Englamd I do love fish...My grandparents on my Dad's side were from Norway, Grammy, and England, Grampie...my Mom's both parents were from Ireland...of course, we were raised with fish on
friday, but my Dad's friend had a fishing boat and we ate lot's of fish..lobster was my fave..the only thing I wouldn't eat was oysters...which everyone else loved..we eat lots of fish at home but not so much down here in Florida so I miss it...the giant crab legs though, are awesome...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.