Friday, February 29, 2008

How Does A Mother?

How does a mother bear her pain?

We breath through it at the beginning of life.

We forget in that first sight of our newborn.

We flinch at every vaccination, or small pinch.

We cry the first time out toddler falls and bruises his knee. After we fix him.

We silently grieve as our baby begins school. We miss him/her terribly.

We rejoices in their successes.

We are sad when they are sad.

We suffer their loss of innocence and trust.

We mourn the pains that go with growing up.

We silently scream as they move away from home.

We as mothers, bear the pain, because the joy that comes after the pain is worth it.

5 Comments:

Jos said...

Thank you for this post, Janice! It sure is nice to see a post from you again :)

As a father of two children, I would like to add the comment that (except from the first one of course) I feel the same about these observations as a mother will. And most of all, I agree that the joy is worth it!

-Jos:)

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

For 6 years I have been unable to put into words for my Daughter the joys and tears of Motherhood that will continue to be full of mixed blessings with her three Kids (my 3 wonderful Grandchildren), now I can email my Daughter this link cause Janice - your words will help enlighten her and touch her heart, as your words have touched mine.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, Janice this is beautiful and you made me cry. You hit the nail on the head.

This BRB is a very special place. i always feel a peace when I come here. Great job everyone!

Crazed Nitwit said...

Thanks for the comments. I was feeling my 17yo's pain yesterday so I thought of this poem. :)

Jos~no intention to leave the dads out!

Jos said...

Hi Janice, I know you didn't have that intention :) -- as a 'dad' I recognize those 'joys and tears of motherhood' in myself as well. Your words are hitting the nail on the head for me too.