Monday, December 31, 2007

Beth's Year-End Answers




Here goes:

1. What did I learn? (skills, knowledge, awareness, etc.)
How to say 'NO' kindly but firmly.

2. What did I accomplish?
I went back to work after a ten month break.

3. What would I have done differently?
Nothing.
Why?
Because what's done is done, and I can't change it.

4. What did I complete or release?
Anger
4 (cont): What still feels incomplete to me?
Compassion for all, even myself.

5. What were the most significant events of the year past?
List the top three.
1. I went back to work.
2. I'm finally living alone again, for the first time in years.
3. I finally decided to act on something I have put off for years.

6. What did I do right?
Helped my family.
What do I feel especially good about?
Writing and meditating every day.

What was my greatest contribution?
To my family.

7. What were the fun things I did?

Whatever I wanted to do.

What were the not-so-fun?
Helping my family move out of state, 2,000 miles away from me.

8. What were my biggest challenges/roadblocks/difficulties?
Pulling my head out of my butt and taking charge of my life again.

9. How am I different this year than last?
I'm mentally and physically healthier also.

10. For what am I particularly grateful?
Prayer. It keeps me centered.

6 Comments:

Carol said...

Great job! Sounds like you had a busy year. Must have been sad having your family move so far away.

Anonymous said...

Another amazing women..apparently
there are tons of you out there..

I'll have to reflect about doing this..nothing really changed this year..

You are another hero who took charge..good luck and God bless..
I hope this year is easier for you..
all the best

Jos said...

Way to Go, Beth! Taking charge of your life is probably the single 'bestest' thing one can try and do!
Good luck and a great new year!

Feisty Crone said...

Thanks, Jos! I appreciate your support.

Feisty Crone said...

mauniejames, you are too kind. You know, the bad times are also helpful, because it makes me reevaluate what I'm doing, and reflect on any changes that need to be made. And humor helps also :)

Feisty Crone said...

It is sad, having my family so far away, but I've been dealing with it! Thanks so much, Carol.