Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back to normal

Easter Sunday is over. I hope the flu is gone. It's time to finish the work in the second bathroom... It's just the sink and vanity, which he could have done in a couple of hours but instead, decided to use much of what is there, which has taken him about a week so far. I mentioned that I always thought the vanity was too low and now that he had it all apart would it be just as easy to raise it up a bit...He then asked everyone what they thought and the consensus of opinion was...yes it should be raised...now I'm so sorry I mentioned it... I don't know how much longer it's going to take to get things back to normal. Even Penny is getting sick of the mess...You have to work around it. Why bother using that bathroom... you can't use the sink to wash your hands...all sorts of tools adorn the bathroom floor. If one more person tells me I'm so lucky to have someone who can do all this work himself... I might spit.. Forget going out to dinner... I takes him an hour to get himself presentable and there is a thin layer of plaster dust and tile dust covering everything in the house.... you can even taste it... I swear... gross on so many levels... now I'm at the point I would like to have this place clean enough to just enjoy it before we go home to encounter.... who knows what mess my son has created in Massachusetts.

Last year the following had to be replaced... the coffee pot.. vacuum cleaner... (hubby looked at the huge hole on the side of the bag and asked... "did you try to vacuum up a hot coal from the wood stove?" Yes, Dad I did... young son answered.. I couldn't have come up with that in a hundred years.. hubby is starting to think like him..... anyway.... his room was so disgusting some of the walls had to be scraped... I don't even want to think about what was on them... the floors and walls all through the house were spilled on and tracked on... the living room was re-arranged and when the cable would not reach he just drilled another hole in the hardwood on the other side of the room... the toaster oven had burned out... and no, I don't know how he managed that one.... he had burned everyone of my decorative candles, not putting anything under them and all areas they came in touch with had to be restained or cleaned... when we got home he had the dining room table set with my good dishes and crystal, along with my sterling silver..... for a birthday party for his then girlfriend.... I have to stop... I am depressing myself.. anyway if we stay hubby will keep re-modeling but what awaits when we go home?

I have given myself a mad headache and I'm going to lay down.....

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

Whats normal? Nothing is ever normal around here...

mauniejames3 said...

Yup...your right what's normal?
how was your camping trip with the three kids...did everyone come home in one piece?

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Oh my, sounds like Father like Son or is that like Son like Father! Here's two additional virtual aspirins for you Maunie, cause it sounds like you are going to need them. Just keep thinking - Grandkids - smile, Grandkids - smile :)

mauniejames3 said...

Hi Jeane Michelle,

Thanks for the comforting words...
the grandchildren are really sweet...Hubby is not like young son (thank God) he just understands him..and feels bad for him since his stroke..(young son's)
anyway I have to take a big gulp of
air at some point and go home..have
you got anything stronger then asprins in your virtual locker?

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Maunie, the strongest: God

Mix with Prayer daily

:)

mauniejames3 said...

Ya know...I have put his life in Gods hands..but he must be in a joking cycle...he keeps giving him right back to me.....

Unknown said...

Maunie, the camping trip was fine...The kids are doing fine now, we had colds, put up with drunk idiots in the next campsite, some of us got sunburns and i still have sinus problems..Luckily the car did not break down...Just not sure why the car keeps dying on me when i put it park..Sometimes it will also die on me at a light and in reverse too...I will never buy a ford taurus again!!!!Bad luck for cars!!Glad to hear you are doing better..When you coming home?Are you ever going to visit again?Would love to see you out here some day..

mauniejames3 said...

Kim I'm so glad to hear from you..I will be going back to Massachusetts in a couple of weeks so I'll be really back on line....
It sounds as if you had fun except for a few minor problems...have someone look at your car...that's dangerous...I had a car like that once..not fun wondering if your going to make it home...when I do get home...I may run away...be careful what you wish for...

المركز السعودى said...

شركة صيانة افران
شركة عزل اسطح
شركة عزل خزانات
شركة مكافحة حشرات