Thursday, March 13, 2008

The horrid stinky day

Yesterday I had an awful stinky day... you know, the kind of day you wish you could just yell I want a start over... and you can... and everything falls nicely into place so I really had to iron otherwise I would be relegated to wearing hubby's clothes... (I haven't ironed since I was sick) although I have been wearing clothes I haven't worn in years because of my weight loss... but I ran out of those too... I ironed for three hours… three hours... and my house had clothes hung from every cabinet and doorknob... so hubby invites our new neighbors in to see his new bathrooms... my bed is loaded with clothes... the kitchen counters, the tables in the living room... well... you get the idea… Hubby came through the door first so I was going to bean him with the iron and pretend I thought he was a burglar, but he was too quick for me... The couple seemed nice but I was so embarrassed I could hardly keep up my end of the conversation... then... then... hubby says, "who would like a drink or a nice glass of wine?" Can you just imagine? And anyway I had on old jeans and a ripped sweatshirt of his... and now I'm entertaining... What’s with these men... to make a very boring story more boring... they stayed until 10:00 p.m. until her hubby was drunk as a skunk... we ordered pizza at some point, and I finished clearing up all the clothes etc. about 11:30 yea, yea, I know, in the scheme of things it's not so bad... but I even missed American Idol... now that's tragic... Anyway... I have been clearing away and dusting all morning and just as I was going to jump into the shower I asked hubby if he would like to invite them over again... now that the house looks normal, and I am on my way to looking half decent and he replied..."No, I don't think so... did you notice how much he drank? And she is really boring"... now where did I put that iron?

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

hey maunie!you can also leave me a message at my new blog,it will be alot easier for you,have fun exploring it...
http://purplefrogcat.com
i finally have my own domain..there is even a forum over there called lets talk...see you and everybody else over there too...froggy out....

Ellen said...

Hi Maunie,

thanks for making me smile.. I kinda needed that today, really love your writing style!

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

What a humorous unfortunate unfolding of events Maunie. But please try not to over do it just for the neighbors or anyone else in order not to upset your atrial fib again.

mauniejames3 said...

Thanks perps. ellen, and jeane...sometimes a little humor can diffuse a situation...and I have heard it's just plain wrong to hit your hubby with an iron... our latest crisis is that I am ready to go home...back to the cold and wet of Massachusetts...him, not so much...yea we have problems there but I miss my girls and grandson so
much so stay tuned.

Giggles said...

Hilarious....my family is forewarned that I need to know ahead about those unexpected possible interruptions! I hope it was a rubber iron you planned to use!! Very fun post...but I feel for ya! I like to have people over at least once before I air my dirty linen, or should I say ironed linen!

mauniejames3 said...

Hi giggles.
Nope not a rubber iron...maybe a rubber hammer..ain't it the truth..when you and the house look perfect no one comes to visit...it's always on of (those) days....and my family doesn't give a thought to calling ahead or waiting for a better time...today is one of my better days...you are all invited....