Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lori Trivia

1. What is your occupation? I just accepted a new management position with a major publishing firm - start in about 12 days.
2. What color are your socks right now? Black
3. What are you listening to right now? The grinding of my brain gears to the exclusion of the din outside of my office, where many other people find their gears grinding too.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Turkey.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yep.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Indigo.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? A former colleague
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? So far, so good!
9. Favorite drink? 20-year-old Port
10. What is your favorite sport to watch? Women’s professional basketball (but that’s not saying much, televised sports puts me to sleep)
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, to hide the gray. Not anymore though. Gray and proud.
12. Pet, Pets names? Gina & Daisy, Smooth Collies
13. Favorite food? Seafood – especially snow crab and sea scallops
14. Last movie you watched? Little Children
15. Favorite Day of the year? Bastille Day
16. What do you do to vent anger? Formulate letters in my mind that I usually do not send to people who really tick me off or pace around.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? A monkey & a clown
18. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Spring.
19. Hugs or kisses? Kissing, and lots of it with the right kisser.
20. What kind of pie? Salt, not sweet.
21. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes, unless it would be like my oldest son responds: “Yes. No. Yes. Maybe.”
22. Who is most likely to respond? It’s longer than I would send to most people (who share my short attention span).
23. Who is least likely to respond? To what? See, short attention-span.
24. Living arrangements? Me and my kids – 2 boys, 1 girl – all hormonal all the time
25. When was the last time you cried? Sunday, when I realized I was truly loved by the one I love.
26. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes and an electronic thingie I have no idea what to do with
27. Who is the Friend, Friends you have had the longest that you are sending this to? I probably won't send it to anyone.
28. The Friend, Friends you have known the shortest amount of time that you are sending this to? Again, probably won't send, most of them are non-bloggers and get cranky about tags.
29. Favorite smell? Magical Samantha lingering on my sheets.
30. What inspires you? My lover, my children, my friends, and the stars I’m fortunate enough to see when I look up at night.
31. What are you afraid of? Running out of toilet paper.
32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese.
33. Favorite car? 1963 Aston Martin DB 5
34. Favorite pet breed? Collie
35. Number of keys on your key ring? 14
36. How many years at your current job? 4 years until next week – then movin’ on
37. Favorite day of the week? Saturday.
38. How many provinces/states have you lived in? 6 states, 2 countries
39. How many countries have you been to? Germany, The Netherlands, England, Belgium, Luxemborg, East Germany, Scotland, Canada.
Next?

3 Comments:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Ok, the tornado is still on hold in my area so I have the opportunity to enjoy another grand response to ‘Getting to Know You’! Congratulations on your new job Lori! What a deserving opportunity for you! Fantastic description on what you’re listening to, “grinding of my brain gears” – lol. OMGosh, that monkey in your photo looks like Zip?! (“Zip was a live chimp from the Howdy Doody Show. Due to his popularity, they made toy Zip chimps”). Is it Zip? Wow, you are so blessed to be surrounded by so much inspiring love with your Family! Keep us posted on your new job when you have time Lori and have fun!

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Glad the tornado held off!
Thanks - it's a very exciting opportunity. And, as to the monkey, whom I always called Jo-Jo - it was originally owned by my aunt, who was born in 47 - so it totally could be Zip.

mauniejames3 said...

We had tornado warnings here in Florida...scares me to death..I can just see myself clutching Penny (my beautiful calico cat) in my arms flying into a tree. I loved your getting to know you..and of course, congrats on your new job..my cousin had one of those chimps she was never allowed to play with.it had belonged to another older cousin who had died..
wonder what became of it..

maunie