Friday, January 18, 2008

2008 Trek Across Maine

I recently received this notification from my son-in-law David concerning this fund raising effort supported by Alame. My son-in-law is a great athlete, teacher, and is also currently attending classes to further his education even more. David is always the first one to join in and contribute in anyway possible to worthy causes.

The American Lung Association is working to save lives through community asthma education, lung research, and smoking prevention and cessation programs. On June 13-15, 2008, the American Lung Association of Maine will conduct the Trek Across Maine, a 180-mile, We start at the mountains of Sunday River Ski Resort in Bethel and finish at the Owls Head Transportation Museum in Owls Head, Maine.

This is a fundraising event to raise funds to help in the fight against lung diseases such as asthma, lung cancer, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Please join me in supporting this important work by making a tax deductible contribution to this event. Your contribution will help me to reach my fundraising goal of $750. Any amount you choose to donate will be much appreciated. Just think if only seventy people donate ten dollars each he will have almost reached the goal set for the runners this year.

Please won't you click on the logo on the top of this page or please just click HERE and help David reach his goal. Even if it's just a dollar it will be a dollar spent that will go to aid in saving thousands of lives.

I know many of you have already seen this posted on my blog. However, it truly is such a great cause I wanted to share it here with all of you also.

Here is a picture of David my son-in-law with my youngest grandson.


"Please won't you help us help others by clicking on my daddy's picture?"

~From our family to yours~

5 Comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Shinade!
David and your grandson make for quite a picture. You are very blessed indeed :-)

Eric

BlueRibbonBloggers said...

Thank you for this wonderful post, Jackie!
-Jos:)

Robin Lee Sardini said...

Thanks for raising awareness, Shinade! That photo is a treasure...Look at those beautiful blue eyes!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Awesome! I want to get good enough on my road bike (just bought it last summer) to do centuries and raise money/awareness for causes (including why we should all bike more than we do).

My sports med doctor says it'll take an Olympian feat to do. We'll see.

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Thank You Jackie 'Shinade' for bringing awareness to this worthy cause! Might we all consider posting the logo pix on our sites with the link. Meanwhile, I will also add this cause to my site Humanitarian Causes United for Humanity!