Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Nightmare

I have not been sleeping well for the last week...first it would be I would doze for a couple of hours and then be up the rest of the night..then I would fall into a dead sleep until about two in the morning and then toss and turn..then nothing..I would turn the telivision off and try reading and nothing...the light would be on all night...but no sleep...I know we all go through this from time to time but this is now a week without sleep and that can't be good..

Last night I decided to end all this nonsense and took two Benedryl...I was asleep in twenty minutes but the horrendous dreams were not worth it...I was taking care of clown children...and had to keep reapplying their makeup because their faces were so grotesque...then they had all these rats which had to be fed and guess who had to do it...next their parents came home and they were huge..I mean as big as a doorway and they were screaming at me...I woke up wet and shaky and got a drink of water.

When I got back to sleep..here I was in school with no underwear and just a man's tee shirt..trying to hold it down and take the test..which you know..I hadn't studied for...Penny woke me and I'm so glad she needed food...

I would rather stay awake..I'm kind of getting used to walking into walls and dozing in a chair..

10 Comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Sounds like you've got a lot on your mind. Take some time for pampering yourself; you've earned it!

Mimi Lenox said...

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like you're having a time.What awful nightmares. Take care of yourself. Have you tried hot bubble baths? Yoga? Relaxing music?
I'm serious about the Yoga!

Anonymous said...

thank you both for the comments
I do have lots on my mind and its really hard to turn the mind off..I don't know how to do yoga
but yesterday I did a lot of walking thinking that would help..today it's kind of chilly (I know I should not dare to complain I'm in Florida) but maybe later I'll try walking again...the bubble bath sounds like a plan..

maunie

Unknown said...

Maunie you really do need to rest. Are you sure you didn't sneak into the North Pole? That sounds like a normal day with the elves to me Ho Ho Ho.

I have been trying to contact you to fix your problem. I'm not sure if you have been getting my messages. Take care :-)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I went through a period of nightmares, I truly hope that they end soon.
This is just an idea, but try sleeping with the temp. turned down a bit? Simple, but sometimes it helps.

Anonymous said...

Last night I took a wonderful bubble bath...had some warm cocoa
and got into bed with the window open...hubby came in...closed the window...put the rest of the football game on while he yelled at the screen..I did doze from time to time and didn't really recall my dreams...I think I'll try
the same routine again tonight but sleep in the guest room..thans so much for all your good suggestions

Anonymous said...

Santa...a visit to the north pole might be just what the doctor orded
you did invite me didn't you?


I haven't gotten any messages from you but Colin has promised to help
me...but he is all over the place..do you think you could tie him down? lol your post today was wonderful as usual...

Jos said...

Maunie, you make even your nightmare stories sound very funny :)
May I suggest you take the same routine, but do put hubby and telly in the guest room i.s.o. yourself?

Robin Lee Sardini said...

Easy does it, Maunie! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good suggestion Jos
I went to see the bucket List and it was so enjoyable...I cried buckets so maybe that will help me sleep better..hubby is getting cranky because I have been tossing and turning so much..I don't care where I sleep tonight but you can be sure it will be alone.....