Saturday, January 26, 2008

My wonderful cousin

My cousin was just diagnosed with cancer... It's devastating to all of us.. She looks the most like our Grammy.. a large women who looks as if she just stepped out of a travel log of Norway.. very blonde.. almost all the women on that side of the family are very blonde... she is closer to me then my sister.. I can tell her anything and she me... we grew up together just nine months apart..our oldest sons are also just nine months apart.. When we were in junior high, she would wait for me at the top of a hill to walk to school together, sometimes it would be just the two of us. Usually five or more of us.. I go to her with all my problems.. real or imagined.. she has an extremely strong will and will give her opinion.. asked for or not... she has a sharp tongue and does not suffer fools gladly.. she became a nurse and then a nurse practitioner. She should have been a doctor.. she's a wonderful diagnostician and all of the family ask her opinion about medical issues...

we are all mulling over her options even though she hasn’t had a meeting with her doctors yet... I just know she will get through this.. just another bump in the road... she and her husband have traveled everywhere.. so that's good for now..she loves to read.. that's good... her older sister is coming to Florida to be with her... helpful... but what she really needs is just prayers.. if you pray.. God will know whom you mean.. I would so appreciate it if you could just send a quick prayer her way... thanks from the bottom of my heart...

Maunie

10 Comments:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Prayers and Hugs from the heart to your Cousin and all the Family, Friends - including you Maunie.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much...this is such a hard time for all of us but with wonderful friends like you I know we can get throuh this...

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Prayers and good thoughts are the easy part. I wish we could do something else to make it easier for YOU.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Susan for your wonderful
comment...I will feel much better
when some action is taken and maybe
we could end this agony for her...she is a fantastic person and hearing the hurt in her voice is awful for me..I just wish I could blink it all away...like the Jeanie in the bottle...

maunie

Robin Lee Sardini said...

Maunie, you are so important to us and anything that affects you will have an impact on us, too. Of course we can pray! Much love and many blessings to you and all your loved ones in this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin.
Thank you so very much for your wonderful and loving words..I do
so appreciate all of you taking the time for my wonderful cousin and her recovery..right now she is not in a very good place but with good wishes and prayers she will get better...thanks so very much..

maunie

RubyShooZ said...

My first time here (I came from Dawn's place) and I see this post.

I'm sorry about your cousin and her diagnosis. I was diagnosed with cancer last year in March and they told me I would need a radical mastectomy and probably chemo. I opted out. I decided to take it as it came.

I am here to tell you that as of today, with no treatment - I was just tested with a PET/CT scan and was told there was no evidence of reoccurance.

Please, while mulling over her options, tell her to get more than one opinion, tell her the doctors don't always know what is right and we each need to make the decision that is right for us. I'm not trying to sway anyone any way in particular, just sharing my story and letting you know that not everyone chooses "treatment".

Wishing you and your family peace today and every day.

Anonymous said...

Your cousin sounds wonderful Maunie. I will send good energy and remember her in my prayers~

Ann

Anonymous said...

Ann...thank you so much for your good wishes and prayers..they are so appreciated...

Ruby..welcome to this site and know I will pass this information
on to my cousin..you must have a lot of positive feelings for your recovery to be going as well as it is..right now, she is in the listening stage about what the doctors plan on doing..it's a truly hard decision...

Anonymous said...

A quick update...my cousin is going back to Boston next Tuesday...she has decided to have her surgery at Tufts Medical Center, because she has found a doctor who specializes in her kind of cancer...please, let the prayers and good wishes continue..

maunie