Sunday, January 13, 2008

Trying Something New: Sunday Best

When you were a kid, do you remember hearing about your Sunday Best? Or maybe you only read about it in a book; kids who had one fancy outfit they saved as their Sunday Best. Being Jewish, we didn't do this, but the idea was that you'd have one great outfit to wear to church.

If you hang out at my blog much, you'll note that I won't mention the titles of books I read but don't like (or don't finish). I try to keep things upbeat and positive.

And now, following in the wake of the story of the romance author who seems to have lifted passages of someone else's text and placed them into her novels, I want to highlight the good even more.

My intent is to highlight news about books and authors you may not have otherwise heard of, but that's not always going to happen. In fact, my first Sunday Best post this week features the Soup to Nuts Blog Carnival.

Come on over and check it out. Join the carnival if you're so inclined.

If you're even more inclined to highlight a Sunday Best, sign Mr. Linky so I can come check out what's bright and shiny in your world. It doesn't have to be book related, just something you feel deserves a bit of attention.

8 Comments:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Shhhh…. Don’t say Nuts so loud, we’ll wake Jos up – lol (an ongoing joke around here as Jos has awarded all BRB Co-Authors a Little Nutty award)

Susan, this sounds like a Carnival I wouldn’t want to miss, consider me booked!

Anonymous said...

Susan I well remember Sunday Best lol, it was for church and special occasions only!
Look forward to reading more of your posts :)

Michelle
Nuts seem to creep into many posts here, maybe Jos was right! I lost count of how many times I received it hahaha

Lori that was an awesome introductory piece.
A warm welcome to the BRB and it's a pleasure to meet you :)
Colin
Colin

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

ndp -- uh-oh. Nuts is one of Trevor's favorite words!

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

@ Susan, shhhh... NUTS :)

Robin Lee Sardini said...

Thank you Susan! We love soup...and nuts ;-)!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post and idea! I'm checking it out for sure. I used to run a blog carnival called "Carnival of Good Stuff" and I'm trying to resurrect it. You've inspired me.

Anonymous said...

Susan, I can't wait to check this carnival out. It sounds like a lot of fun and interesting. :))

Ann

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan..sure do remember Sunday best as well as Sunday dinner...when all the family would gather, aunts and uncles cousins..sometimes even grandparents..it was wonderful..we never knew if there were going to be five people or fifteen..but enough food was never a problem.my mother cooked huge amounts and when she did not it was like the loaves and fishes..
also I remember when my "good shoes" killed me for about six months until I finally got new ones..ahh the good old days