Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The horrible nasty unfortunate day

The morning did not start off well...I have a small heart arrhythmia, which reared it's ugly head when we were here last year...the doctor..whom I love , put me on a low dose pill..I haven't had a problem since..yesterday he took me off it completely...not so thrilled about that...

When we got home from the doctor the mouse to our new computer was broken...maybe my cat Penny had some urgent emails to send out and broke it..not so thrilled about that...but we did get a replacement...and all seems to be well.

While having dinner, daughter in law number two called and said there was no heat on in our house up north....she said it was colder in our house then outside...it was forty outside..not so thrilled about that...called older son and asked him to drive over and check it out...he said fine but it won't be for hours....he's a CPA and starting to be swamped...not so thrilled about that..

Young son called and sounded sick with what hubby had...he is in a half way house to learn how to live with others...he tried to stay in bed but "they" stole his money, his food, even the silverware they are supposed to share...his Dad said not to worry. he had sent him more money, and paid for another week..son doesn't want to stay another week..too bad..not too thrilled about that...

Older son called and eventually fixed the gas heater...after diligent couching from his Dad... and so that was good...

Hubby took the top part off of the toilet in the bathroom and accidentally dropped it onto itself and broke it...now we only have the small bathroom in the master bath...he can fix it but is making no move too...not too thrilled about that.

Four different friends confirmed they were coming down for a week or so but haven't gotten a date yet...they have to check...not too thrilled about that..forewarned is forearmed..or something.

But the Doctor did say I should be just fine if I don't get nervous...humm really not thrilled about that...Do stay tuned.......................

6 Comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

...if you don't get nervous...
does he think you're gonna be in an isolation tank or something?

You're coping with all these things pretty darn well, I might add.

Here's hoping that 2008 gets better for all of us!

mauniejames3 said...

Oh Mo,
Aren't doctors funny..I remember when my boys were small and I had a flu or something and the Doctor would say,,stay completly in bed for a week and you should feel better...he never mentioned what I should do with the boys..It wasn't like me...when the grandkids are sick I would take over..I never had a Me!!!

Jos said...

Dear Maunie, I don't know if it's any help at all, but I happen to think you have a wonderful 'Me' ;))

Anonymous said...

And Jos....you are the nicest and sweetest person..thank you so much..
when hubby took out the toilet he
decided to take the tub out and sink too..right now? he's fishing

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

If it weren’t for Murphy’s Laws life certainly would be dual and if not for your sense of humor throughout all this chaos in your life, I would be continuing to weep for you. Maunie perhaps your heart will stay in tune if you also keep an optimistic outlook for surely things can only get better from here. BTW: I would offer you some of my luck but unfortunately - it's no better :)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeane,
Ain't it the truth...ya gotta laugh or you will be crying all day
I keep counting my blesings so far
that's pulled me through. went to the movies yesterday and saw Sweeney Todd...not so uplifting but boy, that Johnny Depp is cute..