Thursday, January 10, 2008

Let me say hello...

Looks like I'm not the only new face around here lately, although it's possible I'm the slowest to pop up and say hello.

You see, when I first saw the invitation to join this great group of folk, I thought for sure it was someone's sick idea of a joke. How's that for the famed Trevor Wolff self-esteem many of you know I can produce?

Despite what of myself that gets channeled into a fantastic fictional character, I'm simply a writer and, by definition, we writers tend to be an insecure bunch. That's probably due to the constant rejection we face and the sales numbers (for those lucky enough to get into print) that are never high enough.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be part of this group, and not just because there are some VERY cool people here. I'm excited to meet new people via the comments I hope you'll leave, and to share my fictional world with you, even though I'm hoping to channel my posts to this blog outside of fiction.

Of course, hopes are just that, hopes. As the reality unfolds around us, let's see what the future holds.

Stay tuned... it only gets better from here. That I can guarantee.

6 Comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

Hey Susan - I know that you visit a great many Thursday 13's every week, and I've enjoyed your visits to my blog. I'm new here myself, and I know what you mean about the "is this for real? - slash - am I worthy?" reaction, for I had it myself.
Welcome!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Thanks, Mo.

As for the Thirteeners, I do my best but feel like it's never enough. It's that writer in me: there's got to be another groupie out there I'm missing!

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Hello Susan from West of Mars -- the Meet and Greet, nice to meet you! Congratulations on being a Blue Ribbon Blogger and Welcome to the BRB that is (FOF) Full of Friends, Full of Fun, making you a part of one of the Friendliest places in the blogosphere. We look forward to hearing more from you, rather your post are Full of Fiction or channeled outside those realms!

Anonymous said...

And "Let me say Hello' to you too, Susan! Welcome aboard the "FOF" Blue Ribbon Bloggers Blog!

With every new addition this place becomes Fuller of Friends; we're glad to have you in that group!

-Jos:)

Robin Lee Sardini said...

Welcome and great to "meet" you Susan! Looking forward to reading more of you!

Jackie said...

Hi Susan,
Please know that you are not the slowest. Because I must hold that title. And, I like Mo am still a little in shock that I am here also.

I am so looking forward to getting to know you.
Jackie