Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cuz Mama said so

Did you ever date someone because your Mom made you? I can't believe I did. The first time was a prom at the Catholic boys school my cousin was attending... I was so scared and angry...

Well he was so cool and handsome. He looked exactly like the actor Gardner Mc Kay...I think that's his name..he could not have been more charming..but I guess he was gay..at least that's what cousin told me when I was heartbroken. He never called again..He may have been letting me down easy..

The second time (well after the first time who wouldn't try again) was a boy at our church and at that time I had a boyfriend, but Mom knew his Mother and begged and pleaded..so we went to a movie...he was sort of cute but he was the first boy that tried to get fresh with me..I was appalled and cried all the way home... My Dad said..that was nothing all boys do that!!! Go to bed.

The third time was after my divorce and a guy who owned a night club took a fancy to me and hounded me to go out...My sister was on a tour of Europe at the time...so he would call during the day to enlist my Mom's help in getting a date...Then he really laid it on thick...he said his friend had a plane and would fly the three of us to Italy to catch up with my sister...Mom was beside herself when I got home from work...We are going to Italy on a private plane she screamed... Who?...I asked. You and me!..Who can afford that? Oh it will be all taken care of..by your friend....Are you nuts Mom I screamed...I told you not to even speak to him....But it will cost nothing she said...Oh, My Dad said, it will cost something and Maun doesn't want to pay it..

Mom might have been a great pimp..

4 Comments:

Moooooog35 said...

My mom never made me go out with anyone.

However, she DID throw one of my girlfriends down a flight of stairs.

Thanks, mom. This will surely do wonders for the relationship.

On the bright side, I got to kiss the boo-boos.

..good times..good times...

Anonymous said...

Are you willing to tell where the boo boos

And dare I ask why your Mom threw her down the stairs?

Your such a bad boy...

That's the difference..I WAS...such a good girl...

Maunie

Maunie

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

It was my dad, really, who fixed me up with this guy. It didn't go well.

A few weeks later, my mom told me she had another one for me. After the last experience, I told her to find out more about the guy.

It was the Tour Manager.

Enough said. :D

Anonymous said...

details...details...the tour manager of what? I felt like whenever someone said "I know someone just perfect for you...they
don't think you can find someone on your own...and after my divorce..although I was in my early twentys everyone thought I must be a hot number...just out looking for you know what...