Friday, January 11, 2008

Hello Everyone

Hello and greetings to everyone here. I must agree with Mo when he stated his surprise at being invited to be a contributor to this site. I too am amazed,nervous and grateful all at the same time.

Let me begin by saying thank you to Gracie Belle The Blog Fairy for inviting me. I do not know what I have done to deserve this great honor but please know that I am thrilled.

Many of you already know me from The Painted Veil, Santa's Community Blog, and recently the very lovely home of The Blog Fairy herself.

This is turning out to be quite the year for me and I am full of excitement and very grateful for many,many things. Not only have I been added here as a contributor but I have also recently been added as a co-author at Santa's Community Blog and The Blog Fairy's Blog.

For those of you that don't know me my real name is Jackie and please feel free to call me by either name. I chose the name Shinade for my nickname when I started my blog. In Gaelic it translates into: Graciousness of God, and Lord knows that I can always use some of that. It also reminds me everyday to be very grateful for everything that God has blessed me with.

I wish I could think of something really witty and funny to say but I have been at a loss for words ever since I received this invitation. So for today I will simply say thank you very much and leave you with this little thought.


10 Comments:

Jos said...

Thank you and Welcome, Jackie!

We all are looking forward to your next posts.

I am certain that your posts will all be "sunbeams to warm us", and "moonbeams to charm us". And that they will bring lots of "Laughter to cheer us".

To finish my 're-quoting': may you find The Blue Ribbon Bloggers "full of Faithful friends near you". I am sure you will be one of those :)

-Jos

Mo and The Purries said...

Welcome, Jackie - looks like we have lots of exciting new bloggers joining here! Very exciting!
I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog and posts here!

Jackie said...

Oh my Jos what a simply lovely thing to say. You certainly know how to make a girl's day.
Hugs,
Jackie

Jackie said...

Thank you very much Mo. Actually I stumbled upon your blog during the Peace day write with Mimi. And, I loved it. I recently lost my data of communities and contacts and you have just reminded how very much I enjoyed your site. I just simply have to return and rejoin.

Thank you for your welcome. And yes I am so pleased to see this community gaining so many new and wonderful contributors.
Blessings,
Jackie

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

... and so we grow, again! How exciting!

Nice to meet you, Jackie. I'm eager to read more of your writing.

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Hi Jackie 'Shinade'! OMGosh Gal, you made it! And here you were all nervous for nothing :) What a wonderful thoughtful post! We are so happy to have you here at Blue Ribbon Bloggers that is Full of Friends, Full of Fun and we look forward to you BRB (Being Right Back) with another post soon!

Hi Mo!

Hi Susan!

Hi Jos!

echo...echo...hello Everyone! :)

Jackie said...

Thank you very much Susan and may I say the same about getting to know you. Thank you so very much for such a warm welcome.

Jackie said...

Oh jeane I am still nervous...LOL!! thank you for your wonderful welcome and for your support. I will give it my best go. I am just so very honored that it is almost overwhelming.
I hope you have a grand week-end!!
Jackie

Robin Lee Sardini said...

Welcome with big hugs, Shinade!

Anonymous said...

Jackie it's so wonderful to have you here my dearest friend :)
You will be an inspiration to us all, Love and Hugs to you,
Colin